Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Homeschool Burnout Help

There came a point where I looked around and realized that most homeschooling families I knew who had kids beyond about 7th grade had put those older kids in school while usually keeping the younger ones at home. I reasoned this must be because kids get more difficult as they get older, as they are finding themselves and turning into mini adults.

I was talking with a friend who is feeling the burnout. I realized I am also feeling it and my signs include avoiding doing school and leaving the house to do other things or calling Animal Jam and Moshi Monsters "school." I found some great links on homeschool burnout in case you are going through some of it. And remember, if you do put your kids in school, you are not a failure. You have to do what is best for your family. I will miss seeing you during the day at homeschool group stuff and my kids will miss your kids, but we understand. Please read on:

Dear Homeschool Mom Who Wants to Quit

The Ever-Rocking Penelope Trunk, mom with Asperger's and has sons with it, as well

Penelope also takes on Parent Burnout

A mom of five talks about putting her kids in school


Yes, I count a day at Science City as "school" ... they are engineering and building and using their minds.

2 comments:

  1. My whole blog is dedicated to encouraging burnt out homeschooling moms, moms considering school, and former homeschooling moms. I have several new posts on homeschool burn out.
    Http://rest-for-the-weary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous and thanks for commenting. As soon as I get my Google/Blogger issues worked out I will add your blog to this post!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...