Monday, July 8, 2024

First Day of School Signs Set PreK-12th Plus College and Adult!

I love when the first day of homeschooling rolls around! The first day of school is usually sometime at the end of August at my house, and we do some light schoolwork during the summer as well. My kids know that when the first official day rolls around, it's time for the photo of them holding their "first day" signs.

Now, it looks a little different now since I have two kids left homeschooling and three adult kids. It's not so easy to get all five of them together to hold their signs and smile for the smartphone. Plus their ages are 14+ and this means they are kind of "over it." Still, they'll do it for me if I beg them enough 😂

Lately I might have a photo of my two youngest, another of my adult son who has a career now, and then another of my two who are in college. (I created a "First Day at KU" sign for one of my sons for this fall, but it's just for us since I'm sure the logo is protected.) 

Likewise, your homeschool might look different each year. Maybe you have a couple at home, a couple in public school, and your oldest in a private Christian school. 

I got tired of trying to find these signs every year online, figuring out if they were free and if they were easily printable (you know when you download something, but the size is all wrong and you can't make it work?). So I decided to make my own set of 21 First Day of School Signs and sell it in my Etsy shop. That's how I seem to do a lot of things in my entrepreneurial mind: write non-fiction books I need (writing markets, cookbooks, etc.), create signs I need every year, create printable lists and planners I will use myself and then realize others might also find them useful — you should try it! I bet you have some great ideas for products you could sell on Etsy or TeachersPayTeachers, etc.

I pray that your school year is amazing and full of friendships, fellowship, faith-filled adventures, and lots of fun and learning!

P.S. Please let me know if you have suggestions for signs I could add to the set of 21 (and I'll keep the price the same). I don't want to leave out the babies and the in-the-womb little ones, and everyone deserves a "first day of" sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment