Saturday, June 30, 2018

Organizing Your Homeschool Areas

How about a mini tour of just the upstairs part of my homeschooling world? No, I don't have a specific homeschool room, even though we have moved to the country to a larger space. Where I might have carved out a homeschool space there is a pool/ping pong table, and that's not going anywhere anytime soon. Downstairs there is a bar area with lots of great drawers, a homeschool stash closet under the stairs, and a nook for a desk with computer and a large bookshelf. I still don't have it all figured out just yet but I'll link to it when I do :-)

So this is what I like to call my Homeschool/Work/Life Command Center. It's like home base for everything. So all homeschooling begins here. As far as homeschooling goes, it's where I keep the planner, the main binder, the homeschool helps books, the Thirty-One Container of Stuffs, writing utensils and highlighters. And the all-important thing that gets me through each day: the Cinnamon Fire Jolly Ranchers.
To the left is my Morning Basket-type thing.  That black and white thing is my Thirty-One Container of Stuffs.

And this is a small bookshelf of Stuff We Use a Lot.
I'm working on only getting things on this shelf that need to be here for the upcoming school year so I don't get distracted by other shiny homeschool curriculum choices.

So I went on Furniture.com the other day to check out some options for our entryway shoe issue and came up with this sweet solution at a good price. I kind of then went down a rabbit hole of other homeschool space solution options. I was surprised at the affordable AND stylish options that were available. Time to get rid of that hand-me-down particle board thing we've been storing the computer on.

I also found this great article on How to Set Up a Homeschool Classroom. It talks about where you are going to homeschool, how you want to set it up, and more. Now it's got me thinking that we could carve out a room down in our storage area ... the lighting is good, it's quiet, and there are plenty of shelves for all our stuff. Or I could brainstorm on how to homeschool at the bar, as was my original plan.

So many options! I'll keep you updated on my space solutions. In the meantime, let me know what your homeschool space looks like in the comments below. Feel free to link to a blog post you've written :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment