Sunday, December 29, 2013

Why Ree Drummond (The Pioneer Woman) Homeschools ... and How

I stumbled upon this when I was Googling "laid-back homeschooling" since I'm almost done with my ebook called Laid-Back Homeschooling. I was so excited that Ree Drummond is so much like me! I mean, she obviously loves kids because she has four. She loves her man, just like I do. I mean, I am hopelessly in love with Mr. Kerrie. She writes like me. She lives on a ranch and we are looking at land for our kids to run on. She cooks ... um, well, I have to cook for my family but if Mr. Kerrie was home all the time he would be cooking all the time. I'll have to pick up one of her cookbooks, that's for sure.


Anyway, she also homeschools in a laid-back way because she has so many other things that are going on in her life. I think it's great for kids to see their parents doing other things and great for the parents to have other interests for when the kids leave the nest.

And as for the laid-back type of homeschooling ... I think it's imperative that a parent homeschool the way they are comfortable with. If they need to be structured and strict, so be it. If they need to be more relaxed about it, go for it. Do what is right for you and the kids will be fine!

Here's the post by Ree.

No comments:

Post a Comment