Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Geocaching!

I know many of you LOVE geocaching, but I am a slow Mommybot and have just discovered it. We're hoping to go to a local geocaching beginner's event at a park this weekend as a Scout activity, and I checked out http://geocaching.com just for fun. Now I'm hooked.

I don't have a SmartPhone or a GPS, so I'll have to grab my babysitter and drag her along with us to find some local treasure. I put in my zip code on the site above and found several places nearby. I think my boys would really dig it (meaning my 8-year-old, 10-year-old and my 44-year-old husband).

This Mommybot feels an article about geocaching coming on! There are just too many people who still don't know what it is, so I need to get the word out. Tell me your experiences with it. I thought I saw Happy Elf Mom doing this cool activity at some point.

But now I must put on my denim jumper and my smile and whack children on the knuckles for not memorizing their Bible verses correctly. We ARE Catholic homeschoolers, you know.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of this but haven't done it yet! Maybe since all of us MOMMYBOT homeschoolers are wearing our denim jumpers, it was someone else who LOOKED JUST LIKE ME!

    You Catholics are harsh; I've heard about the ruler bit. Protestants use wooden spoons. That's our major doctrinal difference with you-all.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...